Junior Ensemble Auditions
Sunday 18th September 2022
Do you want to be part of Northwich’s next professional festive extravaganza? Perhaps you have been to see a pantomime before and wished you were on stage? We promise to bring you everything you’d expect from a professional pantomime... and more!
Dazzling costumes, fabulous scenery and some truly magical surprises are just a few of the things you can look forward to if you take part. It is guaranteed to be full of magical moments that you will NEVER forget.
We are looking for 4 teams of junior and senior dancers to join our production of Sleeping Beauty. The 4 Junior cast teams will rotate performances throughout the run of the show. This is your chance to perform in front of thousands of people – an amazing experience you won’t want to miss.
This year we are looking for an all singing, all dancing chorus of young people aged between 6 and 18 who are full of personality, performance and who can move well.
Auditions will take place on Sunday 18th September 2022 at the following times:
14.30-16.00 Junior Dancer Auditions (Recommended Age 6-11) The Grange Theatre
16.15-18.00 Senior Dancer Auditions (Recommended Age 12+) The Grange Theatre
Registration will start 15mins before each session.
Anyone under the age of 16 will be required to be signed in by an adult.
How to audition:
To audition, please read through all the information contained in this pack and then submit an online
signup form. We encourage you to register before the day as there is a limit of how many applicants we can accept.
Please note that you will not need to bring any audition material with you on the day as it will be provided by
KD Theatre Productions . This ensures that everyone is auditioned fairly from the same material.
During the audition, we will teach everyone a short dance routine. It is important to try your best and show us lots of
personality and energy – this is so important with performing, especially in a pantomime!
We are looking for potential and ambition so just try your best, enjoy each moment, and remember we are here to
help you do your best!
Successful applicants will hear within 2 weeks of the audition.
Please do not contact the theatre as due to GDPR, they have no access to any information regarding the auditions.
We look forward to seeing you all at the audition, and as they say in the theatre world…
BREAK A LEG EVERYONE!
Katherine & Daniel Producers ‘KD Theatre Productions’
1. If your child has a successful audition, we will contact you and send you all the relevant information to explain the next steps – such as obtaining child performance licenses and organising chaperoning.
2. If you agree to your child joining the Junior Chorus, he/she/they will be expected to make a full contribution to the success of the pantomime by using his/her talents in acting, singing and dancing, as directed within the production. During rehearsals and performances, he/she/they will be expected to comply with all production requirements, as laid down by the Theatre and Production staff, regarding costumes and make-up and any other
performance related matters. He/she/they will be required to attend all rehearsals & performances as called. Failure to do so may result in their being withdrawn from the production. Please ensure your child understands the commitment they are making.
3. Children must be aged 6+ by October 2022
4. Due to licensing restrictions, a fee cannot be paid to any child performing in this production
5. The provisional Rehearsal & Performance Schedule is as follows (this is subject to change):
Saturday 19th November 2022 - Times TBC
Saturday 26th November 2022 - Times TBC
Sunday 27th November 2022 - Times TBC
Saturday 3rd December 2022 - Times TBC
Sunday 4th December 2022 - Times TBC
Monday 5th December 202 - Times TBC
Thursday 8th December 2022 –
Sunday 1st January 2023 - Tech/Dress Rehearsals and Performances, as scheduled
6. Rehearsals will be held in Northwich/Hartford. Final dress rehearsals and the Performances
will be held at The Grange Theatre, Northwich
7. Should your child be selected from the auditions and you agree to him / her joining the
Junior Chorus, please be aware of the following costs and commitments:
- You are required to pay a one-off fee of £70 to cover the administration, insurance and
rehearsal and show time that is necessary for child performers. (£35 non-refundable
deposit upon accepting place in the production.) The final payment of £35 must be
made by 1st November 2022. This will also include a production t-shirt which the child
must wear all to all rehearsals and performances. (All prices inclusive of VAT)
- You will be required to purchase one pair of Jazz dance shoes for the show (unless you
already have a pair). These will remain my child’s property after the show has finished.
You may also need to provide dance tights.
- Parents/Guardians of the children will be required to volunteer for at least 3
performances over the course of the pantomime run. Volunteer duties could include,
Chaperoning, Front of House Stewarding, or Parent DBS helper.
8. Your child will need time off school for some of the shows. You must make your child’s
school aware of this – School permission forms and licence material will be discussed
with parents or carers on acceptance of your place.
9. All the rehearsals listed in the schedule are compulsory. Your child will be required to attend
rehearsals on the dates shown and you must ensure that your child can attend.
10. KD Theatre will provide all the necessary costumes and will order a t-shirt for the child,
which they will wear during the performances and can then keep.
What to do next
Please fill in the online application form – by clicking HERE
We look forward to meeting everyone on Sunday 18th September 2022.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
KD Theatre Productions